Wednesday, December 15, 2010

September 4th - Sleepover at Carlee's house



Here the kids are duck feeding with Carlee in Sugar House. I was not there as I was at home re-cooperating from gall bladder surgery on September 2, 2010. Carlee was so nice to take them for the day and let them stay overnight. It was so weird, for a week at the end of August I had bad heartburn that progressively got worse for a week. I finally said enough is enough and went it to get checked. I thought I was going crazy. My doctor felt my stomach and could tell that either my liver or gall bladder was enlarged. He scheduled an ultrasound for the next day. Sure enough, my gall bladder was diseased, enlarged, inflammed and had sludge but no stones in it. Yuck!!! So that night about 7:30 p.m. I got it out and the next day at 10:00 a.m. I went home. I couldn't believe how fast it happened and that they were able to have me home so quickly. I thought I would have been in the hospital longer. All I had to do was pee and eat. No problem for me it appears. We were bummed because we missed our annual Lake Powell trip we were supposed to go on for Labor Day week. We will have to do something fun to make it up.

No comments: